Thursday, August 28, 2008

Sabotage, she said

South Indian film actress Rambha’s recent hospitalisation in Chennai has triggered off rumours of her attempt to commit suicide in Kollywood after she was ditched by her boyfriend. However, Rambha has denied the rumour as false, and has cited an upset stomach as the reason for her hospitalisation.


When contacted, Rambha said, “I had observed a fast and broke it by having prasadam (prasad). That resulted in an upset stomach on Sunday. I consulted a doctor who suggested hospitalisation for a gastric lavage treatment, to clean out the toxic contents of my digestive tract. Keeping in mind the rising incidents of jaundice, the doctor wanted to play safe with my health and hence kept me under observation."

Rambha also insisted that she suspects foul play. And she knows whodunit too. "I know that these rumours are being spread by two leading actresses from the Tamil film industry. One is a top actress from Tamil television and the other is a top actress in Bhojpuri films, who's done many films with Ravi Kishan."

The industry has been rife with rumours of her relationship with Bhojpuri actor Ravi Kishan. Rambha denied the rumours saying, "I was linked with Ravi and that's why I stopped doing Bhojpuri films. I don't know why they are insecure about me. Ravi Kishan is like my elder brother but only because my family was upset with the rumours I have not signed any more films and am now working on television."'

She also insisted that she is a happy-go-lucky person, who's attached to her family and hence is not capable of taking an adverse step like suicide. Rambha feels that her popularity on the reality show Maanada Mayilada that she is anchoring, has made the Tamil television actress insecure.

Rambha is a renowned actress down south and has acted in several Tamil, Telugu, Hindi and Malayalam movies. Of late, she is making her presence felt as a judge in a reality show on a television channel.

0 comments: