Saturday, August 30, 2008

I am single, but not ready to mingle

As you enter Priyanka Chopra's vanity van on the sets of Kaminey she says with a laugh, “I have three films ready for release this year. I have hardly been going home over the past few days. Someone should furnish my vanity van to make it like a second home for me.”

• How’s your dad now?
My dad is getting better by the day. But yes, when he was ill, it was a very tough period for me. We all see our parents as indispensable heroes. We feel that nothing can happen to them.


• And Harman Baweja?
What about him?


• I mean, have Harman and you split? Everyone wants to know.
Everybody wants to know a lot of things. That does not mean that I open my door to my a*** and say, ‘Come on in and check it out.’ I never said that I was seeing Harman. Frankly, I am a very private person.


• Are Harman and you on talking terms? Didn’t the two of you have a fight after Love Story 2050 released?
Of course, we talk. There never was a fight. I know him even before my first film. And I am fond of Harry sir and Pammi aunty.


• Okay let me put it this way. Are you single?
Yes, I am single, but not ready to mingle.

• You took Harman to a doctor to get a face like Hrithik Roshan?
That’s not even remotely true. Harman doesn’t even know that doctor. I know that doctor because my dad (Dr Ashok Chopra) knows him, but it was the most ridiculous thing I ever read.


• Moving on to your former secretary Prakash Jaju. Now that he is languishing in jail, you must be breathing a sigh of relief
He was good at his work. I feel sad about where he has reached.


• And what about some of the recent messages he sent you…
(Interrupts) They are not recent. They were consistent (laughs). My inbox used to be full. I used to get about 50 messages every day. So yes, it did bother me. But I stopped reading them a long time ago.


• Did he call you?
Yes, he did.


• Did you shout at him?
No. I am not that kind of person.


• Why did this happen? Do you think he was obsessed with you?
He was interested beyond what he should have been. And that’s not right in a professional relationship.


• He got arrested last year too, but he still didn’t learn a lesson?
(Shakes her head and laughs).


• Okay, let’s talk about your films which are coming up this year.
There is Drona, Fashion and Dostana. Next year, I have What’s your Rashee? and Kaminay.


• Fashion, which is so unlike your earlier films, will be your acid test.
I will surely be nervous when Fashion is about to release. The film revolves around my character. But I am also stressed about Drona and Dostana.


• You have worn a swimsuit in Dostana.
I wore a swimsuit even in Andaz and Don. I wear a swimsuit only if I am comfortable. For me it’s not about, ‘Aao mujhe dekho maine swimsuit pehna hai’. A good part of Dostana has been shot in Miami. In fact, I was overdressed in Miami. I remember I was wearing T-shirt and jeans and my driver told me, ‘Aren’t you feeling hot?’ In Miami, people go to malls in ganjis and bikini tops.


• Have you gone over-the-top with your clothes in Fashion since you play a model?
No. But my character does go mad in Fashion. I play a small town girl who becomes a model and loses her mind because she cannot handle fame.


• Were you shattered when Love Story 2050 didn’t do well?
I was completely shattered. It broke my confidence. Love Story 2050 was very dear to me.


• You have problems with Salman Khan?
There was never any issue; there was never any patch-up. Salman is a senior actor who has seen me grow up. I respect him. So, we can’t be on backslapping terms.

0 comments: