While shooting for an ad campaign on one of Mumbai's BEST buses, actress Deepika Padukone spoke about travelling in local buses and fashion disasters.

Question: So a bus is not a place where one would normally bump into you?

Deepika Padukone: Well no. Even when I was in college I used to walk to college I never took a bus to college. So it's fun because there are so many people with me and now I'm actually experiencing travelling by bus.

Question: Was the part where you had to blow a bubble gum, the trickiest part of the shoot?

Deepika Padukone: Yes, the bubble gum bit reminded me of what Farah Khan made me do in OSO. A lot of times the whole shot would go perfectly, but just for the bubble gum bit we had to take several takes.

Question: What was your worst fashion disaster while growing up?

Deepika Padukone: Honestly, I've never really had a fashion disaster. In fact in school, since I was a model I was one of those who people would notice on what I was wearing.

But other fashion disasters, which I don’t like seeing on other people, are short skirts with ankle length boots, which is not at all happening! And also I can't handle lycra.

Deepika discusses Olympics

After extensively shooting in China for Chandni Chowk to China, Deepika is now glued to Beijing Olympics 2008. She speaks about the Olympic fever and Abhinav Bindra.

"I remember when we were shooting in China, the buzz of the Olympics was the only thing that surrounded us. Even the official airline had the Olympics logo," she said.

"The Olympics is just amazing, and especially with people like Abhinav Bindra, who is an Indian and then goes to China and wins a gold for the nation. If he's doing that in sports and we're doing that with our film Chandni Chowk to China, we're definitely taking India on an international platform," she added.

0 comments: