Wednesday, August 20, 2008

No longer loan-some

Life is now beautiful for Govinda. Free of loans, mortgages, finances et al. Recently, he paid off Rs 18 crore that he had borrowed from various financers.

Our source close to Govinda informed us, “Govinda was in a terrible state when producers stopped signing him. He had taken almost Rs 12 crore as loan. David Dhawan’s Partner gave him a new lease of life.”

We checked out with Govinda if it was true that he had cleared all his debt. He said, “Yes, I had taken a loan of Rs 12 crore from financers which actually amounted to Rs 18 crore with the interest.

It was a difficult time for me but now I am at ease.”

So, which film provided him with the biggest booty? “I won’t single out any particular film,” said Govinda. “I charge more or less the same amount for every film.

But yes, I believe that my market price is justified now. Even the film industry has a different perception of me than it had four years ago.

But I don’t charge insane amounts. Many actors charge two to three times my fee, but it doesn’t bother me. I am happy with the money I am getting and more importantly, I am busy,” he added.

0 comments: