Bollywood actress Karisma Kapoor, who is back with her industrialist husband Sunjay Kapur and will soon be seen as a judge on the fourth season of 'Naach Baliye', says that being a mother has been the best experience of her life.


'Motherhood changed me a lot as it has made me more responsible and mature as a human being. Being a mother is the best experience of my life,' Karisma, who is on a long sabbatical after marriage in 2003, told IANS.

Karisma was at the top of the number game in Bollywood for half a decade churning out hits like 'Raja Hindustani', 'Dil To Pagal Hai', 'Judwaa', 'Biwi No 1' and critically acclaimed films - 'Zubeidaa' and 'Fiza'.

Karisma says she misses acting which has been her passion and the gap was just a break for her.

'I started my career at a very early age and have done all types of films. I have been lucky enough to have experimented with all kinds of roles. Being away from acting has just been a break for me,' said Karisma who started her career at the age of 17 with 'Prem Qaidi'.

She won four Filmfare awards for 'Raja Hindustani', 'Dil To Pagal Hai', 'Fiza' and 'Zubeidaa'.

Commenting upon her role as a judge on 'Naach Baliye 4', she said: 'I have consented to be judge of the show as it will not be too hectic for me. I have to shoot once or twice a week and that will leave ample amount of time to devote to my home and daughter (Samaira).'

Karisma thinks the television scene has changed drastically and gap between the small and big screen has been reduced as more and more Bollywood actors are doing TV shows.

'Most of my colleagues whom I worked with, have been on television for various shows, be it Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar or others. At the same time, many television actors have also made a mark for themselves on the big screen,' the actress said.

Karisma is open to similar kind of offers and would also not mind anchoring shows if it suits her taste.

As far as acting in films is concerned, Karisma said: 'Just wait and watch.' The actress was supposed to make a comeback with 'Lamha'.

0 comments: