Thursday, October 30, 2008

Aamir Khan on a high

He will be spending his Diwali in the U.S., with a purpose. He will be holding a special screening of his directorial debut Taare Zameen Par at the International Dyslexia Association’s annual conference to be held in Seattle. In his blog he explains,”“For some reason every Diwali night I feel very peaceful, I think it’s the effect of the ‘diyas’. But this time on Diwali I am traveling to the U.S., Seattle first and then L.A. The International Dyslexia Association is having its annual conference in Seattle and they have decided to screen TZP there, and have invited me for the screening. Looking forward to that.”Aamir is also mighty excited about the first promo of Ghajini that was unveiled on Tuesday.Talking about which he says, “The first moving picture (promo) of Ghajini is breaking soon. It’s my first real action thriller, and full on mainstream entertainer in a long time. I’m nervous already talking about it.”About the first look poster featuring his six pack abs, Aamir says, “Actually I could have gotten into better shape. Had to stop training during the release of TZP, so, lost a month and a half there. But it was impossible for me to train through that period. And I was also a little careless with my diet around that time. Grrr. How I wish I had found the mental strength to keep at.

”Aamir had recently also been invited by princess Victoria of Sweden on her Mumbai visit. Revealing about his dinner meet, Aamir says, “Well it was a real pleasure meeting her. She is a very charming lady. She is beautiful, intelligent, dignified, full of good humour and a very warm host. She is also very interested in India. Kiran and I had a lovely evening.”

0 comments: