Wednesday, October 15, 2008

'I want to romance Shah Rukh Khan onscreen'

Bollywood beckons newbie Shweta Kumar, filmmaker Indra Kumar's daughter, who is all set to scorch the silver screen opposite Himesh Reshammiya in the remake of Karz.

"I come from an illustrious film family and I could never resist the call of arc lights. I grew up on a stable diet on Hindi films and always dreamt of romancing Shah Rukh Khan onscreen," says the debutante adding, "I am determined to make it big irrespective of the brickbats or bouquets that will come my way."

In a freewheeling chat with Swati R Chaudhary, the debutante talks about Himesh Reshammiya, Karzzzz, her first day on the sets and more...

How did you bag the role of Tina Munim in the remake of Karz?

Satish Kaushik [director], Himesh Reshammiya and Bhushan Kumar were looking out for a new face to play Tina Munim's part in Karzzzz. My dad (Indra Kumar) was planning to launch me then and they got to know about it and I was on board.

Did you do any groundwork for the role?

I was asked to watch the film to understand the nuances of my character and get a gist of my role. As a kid, I'd obviously seen Karz but I vaguely remembered it. After it was offered to me, I was watching it every second day to get an insight into the story.

0 comments: