Thursday, October 23, 2008

Luck favours Shruti Haasan!

She is a rock star with her own band, Extramentals. She composes, writes and sings her own songs. She is also the daughter of Kamal Haasan.


And like her famous father, it doesn't take long for Shruti Haasan to succumb to the arc lights.

The singer is making her entry into the world of films with Soham's film, Luck, opposite Imran Khan.

In the first part of this exclusive interview taken before she started shooting for Luck, Shruti tells Shobha Warrier how it feels to grow up as Kamal Haasan's daughter.

Being the daughter of Kamal Haasan and Sarika, was it inevitable for you to be in the film industry?

I would say even if I had tried, it would have been impossible for me to escape [being a part of the film industry]. The truth is, I did not want to escape. I always pictured myself as a part of this world.

When did the realisation come to you? Was it when you were very small?

Yes. It was not like saying I wanted to be a singer, dancer or an actor. I found that my dad was very happy with the few things I did. I think all kids feel that way. And I was genuinely interested in being on stage singing and stuff like that when I was in school. I can't really pinpoint when it all began.

0 comments: