Friday, October 24, 2008

Priyanka Chopra takes a dig at Katrina!

We saw Priyanka Chopra taking a dig at Katrina Kaif while speaking to a news channel. Apart from her ongoing long term verbal dual with Kareena Kapoor for years now, Priyanka seems to have opened another war front by taking on the reigning box-office queen Katrina. Priyanka said, “I love to do films that have me in important roles and not where I am used just as a prop. I don’t see any reason to do films where I have 4-5 songs and 15-20 scenes just because they are touted to be commercial successes. What is the point of acting in such films and giving seven back to back hits? That doesn’t make you grow as an actress!”
Getting more venomous she further added, “I may have delivered a few flops but even those had me playing important roles. I have not and will never act in films where my role is inconsequential and that my only job in those films is to look pretty.”

All these clearly hint at taking on Katrina Kaif who has delivered 7 back to back hits in hero centric subjects with her roles in all the films right from Namastey London to Singh Is Kinng being almost negligible. Her only job was to bring in the glamour quotient to these films. Priyanka who debuted in Bollywood in 2002 is a year senior to Katrina who debuted in the doomed Boom which released in 2003. But what is interesting is that till date while Katrina has 8 hits to boast of Priyanka just has six!

We also heard that both Kat and Priyanka have signed two film deals with UTV and the price for which Kat has been signed for is supposed to be Rs 5 crore i.e. Rs 2.5 crore for each. Whereas Priyanka’s deal was at a much lesser price.Now with Priyanka’s Fashion and Dostana up for release soon and Katrina’s Yuvvraaj too round the corner, it remains to be seen who goes one up on the other. We were also wondering whether Priyanka now being a part of the SRK camp has anything to do with this sudden outbursts!

0 comments: