Top Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan has refused to pass Eid greetings to fellow Muslim and colleague Salman Khan.

During an interview for an Indian tabloid, Shah Rukh was asked if he would like to wish Salman a happy Eid. To this the King replied by saying, “Wishes are not for an individual but for everyone.” The interviewer then asked Shah Rukh if he considered Salman as a brother or not. “No. I have an older sister, Shahnaz Lala, who lives with me. I only work with my colleagues and I love them all but I don’t make them my brother or sister. I have a wife, a sister and two children and they are my life. My family does not harbour any ill will towards anyone. I love Karan [Johar] and Farah [Khan] and they are such people with whom I can make an emotional investment,” replied Shah Rukh.

Shah Rukh refusing to wish a fellow Muslim (Salman Khan) a happy Eid goes against the beliefs of the religion Islam. Says a source, “Wishing a fellow Muslim a happy Eid is one of the main beliefs of Islam and for Shah Rukh refusing to do this is not right. Every Muslim should forget grudges and dislikes on Eid and embrace each and every other Muslim in sight. And you are obliged to make amends and reconcile with your enemies after reading the Eid prayer.”

0 comments: