Thursday, October 2, 2008

I want to get married: Soha

Actress Soha Ali Khan's tryst with realistic films continues. After Mumbai Meri Jaan, about the serial train blasts, she is doing a movie where she will relive the trauma of July 26, 2005, when torrential rains nearly drowned the city.


"This is my second film based on real trauma that happened to Mumbai. I was in Pondicherry when the Mumbai train blasts happened. I was shooting an ad campaign in Pondicherry. But I was right here in Mumbai when the monsoon deluge happened," Soha said.

"I had gone to town and got trapped in the deluge in the evening. My car broke down and I had to make my way through the deluge. A friend found me walking through the water. We went to a mutual friend's house where I spent the night dressed in someone else's clothes," she added.

Mukesh Bhatt will produce the yet to be titled project and Soha will team up with Emraan Hashmi in the film.

"We're shooting the film in November. It's a love story set on the night of the floods in Mumbai. Kunal Deshmukh, who did Jannat, is directing it," Soha said.

Soha says that rainy day she didn't eat at all.

"And, of course, lost my slipper in the dirty water. I was submerged in the water. And I pretended I was someone else when Kunal Kohli spotted me wading through the water. Getting home was never more pleasurable."

Soha's home, which she bought last year, keeps getting additional stuff.

"Every time my mom visits, she adds, or takes away, something into it. I feel very settled now in my house. I love being at home. And I like to be by myself. Being a little mysterious is good, no? "

Asked about her marriage plans, she said: "Have you been talking to my mother? If you mean marriage then right now I feel too young and too selfish to share my space with anyone else. Both my elder sister and brother are unmarried. Let them get married. I'm not mature enough to think of marriage."

"I don't have a vision beyond a year. And I don't see it happening in a year. But I do want to get married and I do want to have a couple of kids. When I decide to marry, I'll start thinking about who it would be to," said the actress who was until recently dating her Rang De Basanti co-star Siddharth.

Speaking about her brother Saif and his girlfriend Kareena Kapoor, she said, "They're both very happy together. It's a very strong relationship. I'm looking for a similar permanency in my life. But let me tell you, I'm happy in the place that I am in. So I don't need to be envious of anyone else's happiness."

0 comments: