Saturday, July 26, 2008

French toast?

Mallika Sherawat rates high on producer Ratan Jain’s list of favourite people nowadays. Recently Jain financed a holiday for Mallika Sherawat in Paris.

Mallika, who plays the female lead in Jain’s upcoming film Maan Gaye Mughal-E-Azam has just returned from her all-paid-for holiday in Paris.

Says a source, “Some time back Mallika revealed that she was planning a holiday to Paris. She said this on the sets of Mughal-E-Azam. Jain was present there. He immediately offered to foot the bill.”

Says an insider, “This was a strange offer because Ratan Jain has never financed a holiday for any of his heroines before. This is the first time.

And he has launched many heroines in the past, including Shilpa Shetty (Baazigar).”

When asked about this, Jain said, “Yes, it’s true that I haven’t financed a holiday for any of my heroines earlier.” Did he accompany Mallika to Paris. Jain laughed, “Why should I accompany her?”

Ratan Jain
So, why did he decide to pay for Mallika’s holiday? Jain replied, “I am very happy with Mallika’s work in Mughal-E-Azam. She has given a great performance.

That’s why I financed her holiday. I felt that she deserved it.” How much did it cost him?

He said, “Mallika hasn’t given me her bill yet. But I am definitely going to pay her very soon. It is a commitment I’ve made and I won’t break it.”

0 comments: