Question: Fresh from the success of Jab We Met, Shahid Kapoor is all set with Kismet Konnection, which will hit theatres this Friday. CNN-IBN’s entertainment editor Rajeev Masand quizzed him on his films and of course the much talked about link-ups.

Question: Your new look is for Vishal Bharadwaj's film called Kameenay. It is a very interesting title. What can you tell us?

Shahid Kapoor: Nothing actually. We have just started shooting for the film. It is a very interesting film. Yes I think Kameenay is the working title of the film as of now. I don’t know if Vishal would want to retain it for the film. It is something different.

Question: You have to tell us. Are you Kameenay?

Shahid Kapoor: Well, you have to see the film.

Question: On one hand you do a film like Vivah, which is an old fashioned, back to the roots kind of story and on the other hand you do a film like Jab We Met, which is a younger and a different kind of a narrative and mindset completely. The real Shahid…What is he drawn to?

Shahid Kapoor: Definitely, I can’t connect to a guy who is getting into an arranged marriage. It is not my space personally. But what excites me is to try something new. I guess that always comes from the director. I like all kinds of films. But I think the film Jab We Met is a film reflective of a person that I am, in the sense of sensibility and not the character.

Question: Are you kind of tired with the whole country trying to get you hooked up? Everyday there is a different name. Are you going to do us a favour and get yourself a girlfriend and tell us her name so that everyone stops bothering you?

Shahid Kapoor: I guess if people are a little patient, I am sure someone will come along, who I will like. I am sure that will happen. I have always said that I am never going to make an effort to hide that I am in a relationship.

But at the same time I don’t feel the need to stand on the rooftop and shout about it. Because, being an actor I am aware that there is already going to be certain amount of curiosity, which is going to come in my personal space. I am a private person. I like to guard my private space.

If there is someone, I will go out watch a movie, go for a dinner and go out with friends. Then, people will know about it.

0 comments: