Thursday, July 24, 2008

Fag end for Jackie

When we called up Jackie Shroff and he did not start the conversation with his trademark greeting ‘bhidu’, we sensed a huge change in him. According to one of Jackie's friend, the actor has quit alcohol and smoking. Since then, he has attended many parties and has not touched either.

Said the friend, “I was surprised when Jackie told me that he had stopped drinking and smoking, completely. I thought he was joking, but our common friends confirmed that he had indeed given up the two vices.”

Jackie confirmed the story and said, “I've had my share of drinks, and bidis and cigarettes too. Yes, I have quit drinking and smoking.”

What or who brought about this change? The actor revealed, “Well, I’m doing a film on Sai Baba (directed by Deepak Balraj Vij) where I play the title role. I felt the need to cleanse myself for doing the film. I broke all the alcohol bottles at home. I threw out all the cigarettes. I am feeling very fit and energetic now. I feel that I will live till the age of 85.” Sounding upbeat about his newfound ‘freedom’ Jackie said that he had put on some weight though. He added, “That generally happens when one quits smoking. But I will soon appoint a physical trainer and work out rigorously. It will not be long before I shed the extra pounds that I have put on.”

Jackie’s forthcoming films include Partho Ghosh’s Ek Second Jo Zindagi Badal De, Sohail Khan’s Kisaan, Jagmohan Mundhra’s next, Renuka Shahane’s Marathi film. “I am also in talks with Anil Sharma for a role in Veer,” he says.

Soon, Jackie’s son Tiger will fly off to the US for further studies. “He has completed his 12th standard and now wishes to go the US. He is very good at basketball and wants to accomplish more in that game, which he will do in the US. I am going to miss him very much when he is away, but then, that’s life,” Jackie says, emotionally.

0 comments: