Saturday, November 15, 2008

I bring hope to the middle class: Shah Rukh

Though Shah Rukh Khan has yet to start doing the rounds to publicize his latest Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, the actor was spotted in Mumbai doing his bit as a brand ambassador for a leading car company.

The actor did more than just say the usual practised lines as he went on to donate a car for charity at the event.

He sure holds the key to success. Be it Bollywood or brand endorsements, King Khan, who's been out of sight for quite a while now showed up to gift a car to an NGO in a bid to celebrate the motor company's fastest Rs 20 lakh roll out.

Shah Rukh Khan says, “People call me ambassador, face of the brands, that's from the outside, Hyundai is family to me, we have grown together.”

In these times of recession, SRK isn't really worried about whether the masses can really afford the products he endorses.

Shah Rukh says, “I truly believe that as an actor ambassador that most of the brands I'm associated to are middle class oriented , I bring hope to the middle class.”

Though we've seen the geekier version of SRK, in the Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi fans are still waiting to see the younger and hip version of SRK from the film who, if rumour is to be believed, is a hot shot dancer as well.

“I do dance in the film three to four times , but if you ask me of being a professional dancer , then no, I have a left feet. This pappu can’t dance sala, quips Shah Rukh.

So till the film releases this December, it's just brand SRK we'll have to live with.

0 comments: