Southern actress Asin, who has two big Bollywood movies in her kitty - Aamir Khan-starrer "Ghajini" and Vipul Shah's "London Dreams" - says she can't settle for substandard deals.

"I'm very excited about both 'Ghajini' and 'London Dreams'. I've a long list of criteria for selecting a role, beginning with the director, banner and co-star and ending with the cinematographer. I want them all to be just right. Am I being greedy? Perhaps. I'm sorry. I can't settle for anything but the best, " Asin told.

In "London Dreams", Asin plays a singer and gets to play the guitar and sing on stage along with Ajay Devgan and Salman Khan.

"It's something I've never played before. In fact, I think it's a role never seen in Indian cinema. Beyond that I can't talk about it, " she said.

The makers of her Hindi films have forbidden her from talking to the media and Asin has no choice but to comply.

"Such is life, " she sighed. "I'm quite willing to remain quiet until I'm asked to talk. I'd rather wait for people to see me than hear me."

Asin moved to Mumbai a year ago but sadly she has no friends in Mumbai.

According to a source, this is because Asin is seen as a threat by the ruling regime of female superstars.

"The other girls in Mumbai don't feel threatened by one another. But the minute a striking pretty and talented actress from the South comes, they get all jittery. They see Asin as the next No 1 after Hema Malini, Rekha, Sridevi and Aishwarya Rai, " said one of Asin's male co-stars.

The actress added: "It is true all my friends are in Chennai and Kochi. I'm yet to make friends in the Bollywood film industry. I don't know why. But here it is just work and back home with my parents."

For Asin, it's bye-bye to Tamil and Telugu cinema as she is pursuing a full-time career in Hindi movies. She is now planning to buy a house in Mumbai.

"We're looking at some places. And we'll zero in on the place we want soon, " said Asin, who turned 23 on Oct 26.

Commenting on her age, she said: "I can't lie about my age because at the age of 14 when I started working in southern films, I gave my first interview where I gave out my birthday. Now I'm trapped forever."

While "Ghajini" is scheduled for a Christmas release, "London Dreams" is expected to hit the screens in summer 2009.

0 comments: