Monday, September 29, 2008

Asha wants to sing with Lata on stage

On elder sister Lata Mangeshkar's 79th birthday on Sunday, melody queen Asha Bhosle has expressed the desire to sing with 'the Nightingale' during a public performance.

"The only time both of us sang together at a public performance was in Kolkata around 15 years ago. What fun we had. On her birthday, I wish that we do another such programme...it will be lovely," Asha was quoted by a leading Marathi daily as saying.

"Didi (sister) is so intelligent that had she studied, she would have become a big minister," Asha, who earlier this month completed 75 years, said. "Whenever we meet, we do not discuss professional issues... there is no talk on today's songs and who is doing what."

"Whenever I hear Didi's voice, I think such a voice has not existed earlier and will not be there even in future...at least during my life, I will not be able to hear another voice of the same calibre," the melody queen said.

0 comments: