Forty-seven years ago veteran lyricist and poet Gulzar had penned his first script but he had shelved it. Sanjay Gupta, who was busy preparing Gulzar’s biography, stumbled upon it and wanted to make the film. Sanjay will now direct the film under his banner, White Feather Films. The film is expected to be made on a budget of over Rs 100 crore. When contacted, Sanjay Gupta confirmed the news and said, “I was busy preparing Gulzarsaab’s biography when he happened to mention this script to me.

I read the two-line story description of the film and was really excited! It was brilliant, of course. I rang him up immediately, woke him up from his sleep, and told him that we are definitely making this film!”

Gupta further says, “This will be the biggest film of my life, I told him. I am all charged up about making the film, and am surprised that

Gulzarsaab didn’t make the film earlier.

I don’t want to reveal anything about the film as the pre-production will take a long time. All I can say is that it is a period film about the partition. Titled Pathan, it is based on the North-West frontier province.”

Gupta adds, “I am currently in Hyderabad working on my film Acid Factory, after which I will complete Alibaug, and then begin working on Pathan.

The pre-production work, though, has already begun.”

0 comments: