Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Aamir clean bowled by Jiah Khan

Nishabd actress Jiah Khan was desperately in search of a home in Mumbai and was helped out by his Ghajini co-star Aamir Khan. Reveals Jiah, “Aamir helped me to find a new house in the Mumbai suburbs. Earlier, I used to live in a flat on the sixth floor. My mother came down to live with me four months ago. Since there is no lift in my building and my mother is aged, she was finding it very difficult to move ut of the house. I was tense at my mother’s condition and would carry this stress on the film sets. Aamir realised my condition and introduced me to an estate agent, who helped me find an appropriate house. I’m grateful to Aamir for solving my problem.”

Praising Aamir further, she says, “He is a great man. As a child I used to watch all his films and I had always dreamt of working with him. During the shoot, he is quite relaxed and more importantly very dedicated to his work. He used to come on the sets at sharp 9 am. For this film, I have learnt Hindi dialect and Aamir has helped me immensely with it. He is such a brilliant human being.”

Talking about the film, Jiah spoke about the stunts she did for the film. The Nishabd girl says, “I can’t give you details here but all I can say is Aamir helped me a lot. This was the first time that I was doing stunts so I was really nervous but he gave me the moral support and was very patient.”

It may be recalled that earlier, Aamir’s helping hand was also extended to his other co-actor Shriya Saran, whom he helped in finding a manager. He and Kiran Rao have also assisted Rang De Basanti director Rakeysh Om Prakash Mehra during the Dilli 6 shoot.

0 comments: